Instructions for Heating and Storing your Taro Food
Taro is committed to serving nutritious food of the highest quality. Until the food is delivered to your doorstep, it is handled with extreme care and safety to eliminate the risk of developing harmful bacteria. Bacteria that cause food-borne illness are usually killed during the cooking process, but when cooked food stays at room temperature, bacteria begin to form and grow. Some bacteria may produce poisons, which are not destroyed by reheating and can make you sick. Please follow the food safety checklist below.
Food Safety Checklist
- Keep food out of the DANGER ZONE, 45-140 degrees.
- DO NOT leave meals on a stovetop, space heater, kitchen counter or in an oven with the pilot light on.
- If you do not eat your meal right away refrigerate or freeze it immediately to keep it safe.
- Reheat meals to at least 165 degrees or approximately 30 minutes in a 350-degree oven or 3-4 minutes on “high” in a microwave oven.
- Let your food sit 2-3 minutes after heating and before you eat it to prevent burns.
- Perishable food, such as meat, salads, fruit, and bread should be used within 3 days of delivery.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water when handling food.
- Keep all storage, cooking and eating areas clean. Wash cooking and eating utensils after every use.
- DISCARD any food past the expiration date or if you think it doesn't smell right
IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT AS TO THE SAFETY OF THE FOOD, THROW IT AWAY! DON’T RISK YOUR HEALTH!